Happy Father's Day


Today is Father's Day and also our 7th wedding anniversary! My husband and I got married in 2000 right after we graduated from college, then we went straight into the seminary life. God blessed us with our first child during vicarage and with our second child, here, at our first parish(es). The Lord saw fit to make my husband a father and then also a Father. I am ever grateful for my wonderful husband who is also a wonderful father/Father to our little family. I think it's kind of neat that these two special days fall together this year. They are so intimately linked; the blessing of marriage leads to the blessing of children.

Today he is busy being a Father to the churches and will probably be home late. We are going to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow night. A family from church was kind enough to watch the kids tomorrow evening so we will get to go out to eat at a kid un-friendly restaurant by ourselves! That is a supreme luxury and I am really looking forward to it. We will either celebrate Father's day later tonight or tomorrow, depending on what time he comes home. The kids got him a new t-shirt and I got him a copy of Sayings of the Desert Fathers (seemed like a fitting book for Father's day). I hope everyone else has a good Father's day!!

Comments

Caroline said…
Congratulation on your anniversary! It's nice when two special events happen on the same day. Enjoy your adult time tomorrow:)

Popular Posts