From the Mouths of Babes
Once in a while something astoundingly beautiful pops out of the mouths of my children. A couple of nights ago, Evelyn said to me, "I know how we can be like God!" I asked her how she thought that could be. This was her explanation: "We can be like God because when we die, we will be alive again just like Jesus." My little five year old has already tied the concepts of becoming like God to Jesus' death and resurrection.
Another time Evelyn comes tearing into the kitchen where Ben and I were finishing up our dinner. "I know how God made people!", she says excitedly. Ben asked her how God made people and Evelyn promptly explained. "He gave us His own body and His own blood and that's how he made people!" Evelyn, in one brief sentence, ties together creation and life from God to His very flesh and blood.
Another time Evelyn comes tearing into the kitchen where Ben and I were finishing up our dinner. "I know how God made people!", she says excitedly. Ben asked her how God made people and Evelyn promptly explained. "He gave us His own body and His own blood and that's how he made people!" Evelyn, in one brief sentence, ties together creation and life from God to His very flesh and blood.

Comments