My Gingerbread Babies

Yesterday my babies and I made gingerbread "babies" and gingerbread Christmas trees. Evelyn and Dominic had fun pressing the cookie cutters into the dough. Dominic couldn't stop himself from eating the dough. We made sure not to open the oven to peek at them while they were cooking just in case one of the gingerbread babies might jump out and run away (ala Jan Brett's Gingerbread Baby book). Calling the cookies "babies" helped the kids be gentle with them, and you know, there was not one broken cookie. Not that broken cookies matter so much - there have to be some to sample right away. ;) I needed at least a handful to survive long enough to give away. When they were cool, I iced them with peppermint icing and the kids decorated the cookies with crushed candy canes and edible glitter. We thought they looked very pretty when they were all done.
And they taste good too!



Comments

Popular Posts