Wrongs His Own Soul
Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever find me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord,
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.
Proverbs 8:32-36
For blessed are those who keep my ways.
Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.
Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever find me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord,
But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.
Proverbs 8:32-36

Comments
I owe an update on my blog, and I'll try to get to that soon.
I like your new pic.
Profound and true - thanks for the reminder.
(I like your new pic, too - looks from the position of your wristwatch as if you might be a lefty, like me!)
-C, good observation but I'm really just a weird "righty". I've always worn my watch on my right hand.
I've heard often enough of God being angry and hovering over us waiting for the chance to crush us for our sins but in these verses its clear that we're the ones harming ourselves by hating God and loving death.
Yeah, we harm ourselves. Even going by the most gruesome human idea of "justice," there should be no need for God to add more punishment on top of the misery we create for ourselves.