Happy Fourth!

We don't have much in the way of plans for the fourth of July but we have been having fun outside in the nice weather already. Dominic found a tree frog on our porch. We typically have a tree frog that inhabits the porch in the summer. The eatin' is pretty good for frogs - the porch attracts a lot of bugs for some reason. A couple of years ago Evelyn found one and named it Teeter and this year Dominic got to name his frog. It's name is Army, named after it's camouflage (which in this case didn't work so well). Anastasia, do you know much about frogs? Anyways, here are some pictures of the kids and Army. Happy Fourth of July to all of you!




Comments

Awww, he's so cute.

Dominic, I mean! And Evelyn.

Oh, and the frog, cute also.

Nope, unfortunately I know very little about frogs. But I'd be willing to bet half an hour or so with Google would make you almost an expert.

Hope you have fun on Independence Day.
Emily, how do you get your blog to list the lastest posts of your blogroll? That is SO cool! I'd love to do the same thing. Also, it would save me some time, because I would skip the blogs whose latest post I had already read.

Thanks!
OH--never mind, I think I see how you did it! I'm off to try my luck.
Emily H. said…
Oh well. I thought I would ask, you know - just in case the frog might end up needing rehab. Evelyn tried to pick up the frog and from all the flying feet that resulted, yes, I was more than worried for poor little Army! He made it safely to shelter and no flatter than he had been.
Dixie said…
Sounds like your Fourth was great. Army is a fantastic name for a tree frog. Clever kid!

Did you take the children to see any fireworks? Our oldest used to hate fireworks when he Dominic's age...because they were too loud! But he has apparently outgrown that now. ;)

This year he and his girlfriend (a delightful young woman) came for dinner. Dad grilled up his famous pork ribs (we call them "pig-cicles") and I baked my "blue ribbon" winning cherry pie--along with an apple pie.

Earlier in the week I had given young son #2 some money to go with the neighbors to "the border" to pick up some fireworks and after dinner several of us went to the neighbor's house to watch them being set off. Thankfully...no unintended incidents (and oldest son didn't try to crawl in the back of the car with a pillow and hide his face and ears...)

Popular Posts