A Struggle of the Heart
A religious Lancelot seeks after texts as though they are the Holy Grail. They are a perpetual pat on the back as the fervor of dividing and conquering books only adds to the prestige of the intellect. Although the mind may try, your heart can never be bound in books and literature.
Faith is much more gritty than sitting in an arm chair; it is a struggle of the heart. Or at least that is how I find it personally of late. A struggle fraught with tears and utter weakness and the groanings of the Spirit and prayers from the deepest heart. Even these I don't do very well but I can only pray that engaging in the struggle will bring a blessing. Christ, have mercy.
Faith is much more gritty than sitting in an arm chair; it is a struggle of the heart. Or at least that is how I find it personally of late. A struggle fraught with tears and utter weakness and the groanings of the Spirit and prayers from the deepest heart. Even these I don't do very well but I can only pray that engaging in the struggle will bring a blessing. Christ, have mercy.

Comments
Emily--an excellent description. How easy it is to read and discover, even to desire, but to do is the self-killing thing, and this always hurts, it's always "gritty" but begins and ends with Christ Crucified.
Again, what a great post! Thank you.