Exultation of Our Cross

I had been feeling terrible that our children must see Daddy being so sick for so long and Mommy often in tears and our whole family is just completely stressed out nearly beyond endurance. Little children just don't understand in any sort of fullness just what is going on and so they tend to act up (which is hard when your last nerve is fraying at the edges). This is life, with all it's afflictions and hardships. It's what you do with your afflictions that matters - most especially to little eyes. Even now we are teaching them how to bear up under the cross - to pray continually, to comfort one another, to sacrifice yourself for those in your family rather than to curse our Maker and tear each other apart under the constant strain. So for this one little reason among many I am glad to have these trying times befall us. It gives us a very important opportunity to teach our children by example how to live in Christ.

I must thank all of you for your prayers, for by them we are being saved. I suddenly find hope and joyousness in the midst of our afflictions, perhaps as only a fool can know. Things are still hard - injections pending, illnesses yet unabated, and many more things weighing in the balance. However God is good and He loves mankind. This we have seen. Glory to God for ALL things.

Comments

William Weedon said…
Fools for Christ indeed, to rejoice in all things, to pray without ceasing and in all things to give thanks. May God bless you all!
Cha said…
You all are in my prayers.
Anonymous said…
Emily, You are a living example to me of what my priest was talking about yesterday in regards to the Exultation of the Cross-- bearing our cross despite trials, pains, etc. I'm praying for you and yours, that your burden may be light.
DebD said…
I did not know. Prayers for you and yours.

Popular Posts