Advent of Merchantile Christmas

Ah, the seasonal advent of a merchantile Christmas following on the heels of Halloween... While all the Christmas decorations are fun to look at already - it's hard to resist - I also have to remind myself that these are not what makes Christmas real. So I've dug out a quote that I've shared here before but it really is one of my favorites.

"Let us look together close and long into the eyes of the infant Jesus wrapped in swaddling bands and lying in the manger, for in His eyes we will see the Kingdom in all its depth and height. We look at Him and He looks at us with supreme simplicity and acceptance. Carry the child Jesus in your arms to perceive how light is the Kingdom even though it be a yoke to be worn and a burden to be carried." - Matthew the Poor

Comments

Pastor D said…
Your father-in-law and I saw our first Christmas display in a Rural King store Labor Day weekend! So be it...what a wonderful opportunity to share our faith and expalain to others why the Son of God became flesh, entered time and space to be our Redeemer when we were not worth anything. Thanks be to God we have a Savior who has shown compassion. As so many are experiencing panic we know the God of peace. What a wonderful time to be used of Him who loves us.

Keep posting!

Popular Posts