Icon Crafts


Family Tree/Christmas Ornament Icons
We get catalogs in the mail frequently, some of which have very nice icons for sale. In a recent catalog I found a neat Christmas ornament idea. They were small jewel-framed icon ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree. Very beautiful, but very pricey too - $69.95 for a set of four!! So I made my own. I already had some small hanging mother-of-pearl frames that went along with a family tree. I cut out some pictures of icons in that same catalog and put them in those frames. Ta-da!! Sure, they don't have the gold and silver foil details and inlaid crystals but its more pleasant to pull your resources together and come up with something just as fine. They'll stay on the family tree (after all, what better place to put them?!) until Christmas when they'll convert to Christmas ornaments.



Icon Magnets
Another idea from a catalog... Instead of spend money we don't have, I made my own icon magents. Simply place your icon cut-out on a self-adhesive magnetic sheet and trim to size. I really like having the icon magnets on the refridgerator because I see them very often throughout the day and they help keep things in their proper context, whether you're pinning up rabies vaccination schedules, school papers, and other such mundane things. :0

Can I just say... I'm so bored without my Internet at home! I'm coping by finding crafts to do and rearranging the furniture in the house. Stir Crazy!! Eventually I'll run out of furniture to move so if you have some fun craft ideas please share them with me!

Comments

Mimi said…
What a great idea, gorgeous job!
DebD said…
Such excellent ideas. And you've made them look so beautiful too.

Popular Posts