Good Beginnings

Even though I got the Atomic Blue stuck in the snow in the driveway - ahh! -, I'm forcing myself to hope for Spring anyway. It is coming after all.
There's an enlightening story about three builders, each doing the same job. When asked what they are doing, all three respond differently. I'm carrying a stone, says one. Another, earning a living. The final builder says, I'm building a temple. Sadly, I really do find this enlightening because I've just been carrying a stone. (It wouldn't have been enlightening if I had already been "building a temple", now would it?) So what does one do when they find they're carrying a stone? Well, a temple isn't built with just one stone. Go back, pick up your burden and try again. As Abba Moses and Abba Silvanus teach us: "Abba Moses asked Abba Silvanus, 'Can a man lay a new foundation every day?' The old man said, 'If he works hard, he can lay a new foundation at every moment.' " We can start a good beginning at every moment.
Here's to Spring.
Here's to Good Beginnings!

Comments