Fifth, Fifth Photo


Dixie tagged me to post the fifth photo in the fifth photo file folder phfth... Ah, tongue-tied typing! Well, the fifth file is "2009", the very few pictures that I've taken so far this year (my camera is on the fritz again - still irritated about that).

The 5.5 photo is a picture of a rainbow outside my parents house. You would have thought it was a Spring day rather than the middle of winter. All the snow had melted away in the rain shower. The sun lit the sky with a beautiful double-rainbow that filled the entire horizon. This picture caught the tail end of one of the rainbows but I also got a few shots of the rainbow arching over their house like something out of a postcard, pristine and optimistic. Isn't it hard not to be optimistic, comforted, when God writes his promise in light and water for us humble creatures rooted to the dust of the earth to see with our very eyes?

Comments

DebD said…
that is beautiful! I can just see the 2nd rainbow behind the tree.
Will you post the other rainbow pictures for us, too, pretty please?
Great composition in this! I'd've made the mistake of putting the rainbow in the middle. How pedestrian. But the way you've done it is very artistic.

Popular Posts