Funny...

You're relatives may not know what to do with you when you convert to Orthodox Christianity, but neither do the Mormons who come knocking at your door.

Some young people stopped here today and asked if we wanted their magazine and a copy of their own Bible. To which I told them, no thank you - we are recently converted to Orthodox Christianity. Oh..., that's nice - we just wanted to remind you to read your Bible, they said, and away they went!

Comments

Justinian said…
LOL I love it!

Now, tell me what to do when you have extended family who are high ranking Mormons? I mean, most of them don't speak to me anymore, since I made some openly disparaging remarks (involving the refrain from a song about Joseph Smith used in an an episode of South Park) at a family reunion a few years ago...
:) I wonder what Mormons would think if they knocked on our door. The first thing you see from the front door is our icon corner, and some framed prints of icons in our entryway.
Mimi said…
Bwahahahahahahaha.
My very non-Orthodox husband once told the Mormons that we were Orthodox. I am, my youngest is, my oldest was raised, but I raised my eyebrow at the inclusion of himself in the statement. In a good way, of course.
Anonymous said…
Well, at least we can admire their sincere though misguided efforts. We don't get the Mormons, but we sure have the regular Jehovah's Witnesses. They always have some Scripture verse to share. I've told them of the firmness of our beliefs, but they still come by.
Michelle M. said…
We had some Mormons come to our door a few months ago and I politely turned them away. I went upstairs to tell my husband, and he said, "what were you thinking? I'd love to talk to them!" Oh boy, I would not want to hear that conversation :) haha.

Popular Posts