St. Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa


Thy righteous acts have manifested thee to thy flock as a model of faith, a reflection of humility, and a teacher of abstinence, O Father Bishop Gregory. Therefore, through humility thou hast achieved exaltation, and through poverty, riches. Intercede thou with Christ God to save our souls.

Comments

elizabeth said…
beautiful. We are so blessed to have the Saints!
Justinian said…
We are. I tell you, the more I read of St. Gregory of Nyssa, the more I love him. If you get a chance to read his homilies on the Lord's Prayer, you should. It is, very much, a wowing experience.

I like your blog a lot! Oh, and, Axios! on your recent illumination.

-justinian
Emily H. said…
Thanks, Justinian!

I haven't read his homilies but I did read The Life of St. Macrina, which he wrote. It was so loving and tender that I instantly loved St. Gregory. St. Gregory is the son of my own name's saint, St. Emmelia - so I feel very close to him because of this also.

Popular Posts