The Latest & Greatest

"Waiting"

Well, maybe not the greatest ever. This scratch board took me two evening to finish. It was a little more unplanned than some of the other ones I've done. The woman's dress was done completely off the cuff. Overall I think it turned out ok. So now I have three finished boards, ready to go. Next step is to give them a few coats of UV-resistant clear acrylic coating. Figure out how to hang them. Kick around the idea of a simple frame. Finally, sell these bad boys. (I have always thought it would be fulfilling to sell my work but I've never thought it actually possible. I'm setting myself in a new frame of mind for grand horizons!)

Comments

margaret said…
The right frame of mind is a good beginning. I hope very much they sell and she wants more.
Cha said…
A friend of mine from church sells her art on consignment at a local coffee shop.

They use her art to decorate and post a sign noting that the art is for sale.

Don't just think stores ... perhaps there is such a coffee shop venue in Defiance?
Emily H. said…
Hey, C-, that's a great idea! Glad you shared it!

Thanks Margaret!!
Dixie said…
Oh, I like this very much!

One other thing to think about...local art fairs, shows and festivals. We have them all the time here and they are very popular...and a good way for an artist to get his/her name out there. Unfortunately it requires a bit of inventory and an entry fee but maybe it is something you can work up to? My Father Anthony does these.
Emily H. said…
I've been kicking around the idea of selling some of my photographs at "Art in the Park" here in Defiance. I should research that, entry fee, cut off dates, ect... It's usually on a Sunday so we would have to miss church and I'm reluctant on that part.

Popular Posts