How Children Do the Work of Angels


On reading through The Aescetic of Love by Mother Gavrilia I came upon this saying:

"If we are interrupted while speaking, we must not continue. It means that what we are about to say should not be heard. The Angels do this." - Mother Gavrilia

My first thoughts are:
1. I'm always interrupted by my children - they must be doing the overtime work of angels...
2. On account of #1, I must really have very little to say that's worth hearing and much to say that isn't!

God bless my little children!

Comments

123 said…
Yes, that's advice I have kept with me since reading that book, too.

Remember that you do the work of angels when you interrupt them, as well - and you are also the mom.
elizabeth said…
such a good book... thanks for the reminder ... wishing you a wonderful day today!
Mimi said…
How true that is!

Popular Posts