A Four Minute Conversation
Well, the kids are out of school and we've all been taking our time getting used to being around each other so much again. Lots of squabbling but it finally seems to be evening out to occasional tiffs amidst a general sense of camaraderie. Sigh* - that only took several weeks... Now if Momma can just relax a little too.
Actually this morning has been quite peaceful though hardly quiet, but again, the kids loudly "addressing" each other seems rather amusing instead of nerve-wracking.
Here is a snippet of their conversation in the other room as they try to get the movie Fantasia (which they both agreed to watch together!) set up on the little television:
Dominic - (Yelling) Evelyn, get back!
At least this is not real stuff.
Uh, I don't think I want to watch this.
N-O. I do not want to watch this!
*sneeze*
Evelyn - *humming to herself*
Television button clicks.
Dominic - Now go back to main menu.
Evelyn - Alrighty!
Dominic - Blarh, blarh.. and other boy noises.
Guess who this is.
Evelyn - I don't know.
Dominic - (Loudly.) Just guess!
*pause* It's Commander Cody and a plain trooper...
He's right behind him, tricky eh.
Evelyn - I like the music at the beginning.
*Silence*
Dominic - So you told me to play from yesterday with my numchucks and my scimitar.
Evelyn - Oh yeah!
Dominic - Evelyn, you're gonna be coming for a big surprise...
Ooo, I found a gumball in my Bed! (Mommy ears perk up... What?!)
Evelyn - No, actually that's a marble and you put it there. (phew!)
Actually this morning has been quite peaceful though hardly quiet, but again, the kids loudly "addressing" each other seems rather amusing instead of nerve-wracking.
Here is a snippet of their conversation in the other room as they try to get the movie Fantasia (which they both agreed to watch together!) set up on the little television:
Dominic - (Yelling) Evelyn, get back!
At least this is not real stuff.
Uh, I don't think I want to watch this.
N-O. I do not want to watch this!
*sneeze*
Evelyn - *humming to herself*
Television button clicks.
Dominic - Now go back to main menu.
Evelyn - Alrighty!
Dominic - Blarh, blarh.. and other boy noises.
Guess who this is.
Evelyn - I don't know.
Dominic - (Loudly.) Just guess!
*pause* It's Commander Cody and a plain trooper...
He's right behind him, tricky eh.
Evelyn - I like the music at the beginning.
*Silence*
Dominic - So you told me to play from yesterday with my numchucks and my scimitar.
Evelyn - Oh yeah!
Dominic - Evelyn, you're gonna be coming for a big surprise...
Ooo, I found a gumball in my Bed! (Mommy ears perk up... What?!)
Evelyn - No, actually that's a marble and you put it there. (phew!)

Comments