4th of July Weekend

At the beginning of the weekend I took Evelyn downtown to First Fridays which is an event downtown with live music, free food and fun activities. Evelyn and I did a photo scavenger hunt together and then she got her caricature drawn. It was fun! Daddy and Dominic stayed home and had their own fun together!

Saturday we spent the evening in Fort Wayne - went to the mall, then Vespers. Sunday we went to Liturgy and spent time afterwards letting the kids look around Toys-R-Us. We had dinner with family at my Uncle Greg's house back in Defiance. Mom had made fresh blueberry pie - the best!! I have to get that recipe!

On the fourth we headed back to Fort Wayne for a barbeque at our church. It was a really nice time! It was nice to see people outside of Sunday - everyone was relaxed and happy and it felt like we were spending time at a family backyard barbeque. There were tables of food, the grill was smoking, kids were running around with squirt guns and water balloons, and lots of good conversation. I hope they do it again next year!

We had decided to go to an old haunt to watch fireworks but the view was not as good as we remembered and I think the trees had gotten taller and obscured more of the sky. They were pretty reflecting over the pond though. Dominic got bored with the fireworks being farther away and not booming loud so he made his own fun swinging glow-sticks and pretending they were lightsabers.



Comments

Mimi said…
My goodness, that blueberry concoction looks fabulous!

Popular Posts