So You Think You Can Sew



Sewing is pretty much out of the range of things that I do well. Pillows aren't too hard because if you sew a moderately straight line it still turns out looking like a pillow. Along the way I realized there were several things that I could have done better - like cutting the fabric nicer (but to my estimation the edges will be inside the pillow where no one will see my jagged attempt at yet another "straight" line), and I should have perhaps ironed the seams after it was sewn, and I should have stuffed the pillows outside (but it was raining, so now I still have to clean up pillow fluff from e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!). So... what do they call it - learning curve. I'm sure the pillows I make in about another three years will be tremendously better.

But the best thing I loved about sewing these pillows is that my kids thought I was a sewing expert! They sat around and watched intently while I worked and we had a lot of fun pretending that they were watching a sewing show on t.v. with Mommy as the host of the show. We thought of all kinds of silly voices to use on the show and giggled at all of them! Evelyn and Dominic absolutely adored their new pillows that Mommy made.

They were made with plenty of love and giggles and "oops"s too.

Comments

Matushka Anna said…
So simple yet so much fun (notice I avoided the "so/sew" pun...)

I really need to make some more pillows...
That's cool that you guys had so much fun with it. I can't imagine sewing with an audience! I don't really think sewing falls into the range of things I do well, either, and it's definitely a challenge for me do do and maintain a good attitude and kid-friendly language!

Popular Posts