Paraklesis


Turn not away from the torrent of my tears, O Virgin, thou who didst give birth to Christ, Who doth wipe away all tears from every face.
O most holy Theotokos, save us.

O my most blessed Queen, O Theotokos my hope, guardian of orphans, intercessor for strangers, joy of the sorrowful, protectress of the wronged: thou seest my misfortune, thou seest mine affliction; help me, for I am weak; feed me, for I am a stranger. Thou knowest mine offense: absolve it as thou wilt, for I have no other help beside thee, no other intercessor, nor good consoler, except thee, O Mother of God. Do thou preserve and protect me unto the ages of ages. Amen.

We went to the Paraklesis yesterday evening. It was nice to pray together. This will probably be the last time that we get to go to any extra services, outside of Sunday Liturgy. We have been on a waiting list for low-income apartments - we still have not gotten a call although the 3 to 4 month wait has already been exceeded. We have to conserve the money we do have until then. My husband has discussed our situation with our priest already. We would appreciate your prayers also.

Comments

elizabeth said…
I understand about this... It is hard. Ask St. Menas for help in this - he really helped me when I was down to my last bit (other than my small pension that I had from previous work; I am aware that some have even lost this due to the $ situations many of us are in)... if you don't have the Akathist to St. Menas and would like it, feel free to email me at

roosjeblog @ yahoo. ca

Lighting a candle for you and family.
Sasha said…
+
Lord bless and help and save you all!
Emily H. said…
Thank you both! I am much relieved to have your prayers!

Popular Posts