Landing in the Fort
We are moved! It took two days worth of cross-state moving but we did it! And that, thanks to our parents and some friends of ours who helped with all the heavy moving. We were really glad to have the help! This week finds us with actual floor space to walk around and the majority of boxes unpacked. The last place we lived in was a four bedroom farm house parsonage... and now we have a three bedroom town house apartment. We have some down-sizing to do, which actually, has been rather easy to do. You lose a certain attachment to your things when you have lived without them for so long. If you can live without it, then do you really need it? Nope.
The kids started school this week at their new school. Evelyn is having a slow time adjusting and she still likes her old school much better. Dominic really loves his new teacher! We are glad for that! The teacher in the class room next door to his goes to our church - it's really nice to know someone at the school already and she's really a sweet person! I'm glad that she's there and can keep an eye on them. :)
My dad has lent us his laptop so that we can get online again. It was really so nice of him! I love my dad (and not just because he let us borrow the computer). My dad has finished his chemotherapy and his last blood test showed his levels are returning to normal. We are very glad for that. His hair is starting to grow back already. Yay Dad!
It's nice to be back in the city. Our neighbors are pretty quiet. We live near a small air field so the kids have been enjoying watching the little airplanes fly over - they give us regular reports of what color the airplane is and whether it is turning or not. Our apartment itself is a little less that perfect... but that's okay. The floors slant and we've had to shim the furniture to get it level, there's a drawer in the kitchen that won't open all the way because the stove is in the way, along with a general sloppy workmanship and well lived-in feel... BUT it's ours! And I almost like that it's so imperfect; it will keep us from being too entangled in worldly things which will help us to keep our eyes and hearts on our Sweetest Jesus Christ.
We are looking for work. I really want to find something that will fit in with our priorities, namely Church and family. I'm sure it will work out, with your prayers and St. Xenia's.
It is really, really good to be in the same town as our church. Really good. We can go to Vespers again - it's such a big relief! Sunday Liturgy isn't the same without it... well, in truth, I'm not the same without it (Liturgy never changes but I do, Lord have mercy on me!).
So that's the short story of it. We're moved, we're happy. :)
Thank you for your prayers!
(I'll try to remember to get some pictures up next time.)
The kids started school this week at their new school. Evelyn is having a slow time adjusting and she still likes her old school much better. Dominic really loves his new teacher! We are glad for that! The teacher in the class room next door to his goes to our church - it's really nice to know someone at the school already and she's really a sweet person! I'm glad that she's there and can keep an eye on them. :)
My dad has lent us his laptop so that we can get online again. It was really so nice of him! I love my dad (and not just because he let us borrow the computer). My dad has finished his chemotherapy and his last blood test showed his levels are returning to normal. We are very glad for that. His hair is starting to grow back already. Yay Dad!
It's nice to be back in the city. Our neighbors are pretty quiet. We live near a small air field so the kids have been enjoying watching the little airplanes fly over - they give us regular reports of what color the airplane is and whether it is turning or not. Our apartment itself is a little less that perfect... but that's okay. The floors slant and we've had to shim the furniture to get it level, there's a drawer in the kitchen that won't open all the way because the stove is in the way, along with a general sloppy workmanship and well lived-in feel... BUT it's ours! And I almost like that it's so imperfect; it will keep us from being too entangled in worldly things which will help us to keep our eyes and hearts on our Sweetest Jesus Christ.
We are looking for work. I really want to find something that will fit in with our priorities, namely Church and family. I'm sure it will work out, with your prayers and St. Xenia's.
It is really, really good to be in the same town as our church. Really good. We can go to Vespers again - it's such a big relief! Sunday Liturgy isn't the same without it... well, in truth, I'm not the same without it (Liturgy never changes but I do, Lord have mercy on me!).
So that's the short story of it. We're moved, we're happy. :)
Thank you for your prayers!
(I'll try to remember to get some pictures up next time.)

Comments
Lord help you find the right job.