Photo A Day #14 Something You're Reading


I'm reading Growing in Christ, Shaped in His Image by Mother Raphaela. I'm reading it for the new book club that the new pastor's wife has started at church. I'm quite ambivalent about being part of a book club... I don't think I'm much too fond of them but I do want to have a chance to get to know the new khourieh better so I feel obliged in that way. Also, never having been a part of a book club I feel I ought to give it a chance. But really -

I'm just a big, fat chicken.

Lord have mercy.

P.S. I totally skipped over the Photo A Day #13 - "In Your Bag" because dumping out my purse and taking a picture of it was too droll and I haven't been creative enough to think of a different take on "in your bag". Maybe, and if I feel like it, I'll come back to it later and give it another thought... but don't hold your breath! ;)

Comments

123 said…
Pick an idiomatic expression involving bag:

a grab bag
a mixed bag
bag and baggage
bag of tricks
check bags through
couldn't [act] way out of a paper bag
half in the bag
have bags under eyes
in the bag
let the cat out of the bag
mixed bag
pack bags
pull something out of the bag
put the feed bag on
123 said…
I read all the time, but I've never been a member of a book club. Of course, I rarely finish a book in one reading. I'm not sure what we'd talk about most of the time. I remember most of my lit classes in school being about me BSing enough to convince the teacher I had thoughts about what we'd read, when in reality all I did was either repeat or argue against things others in the class raised quite apart from anything I had thought when reading the book myself (or in place of having read most of the book, which I did not do most of the time).
Emily H. said…
Hey, that actually helps! :)
elizabeth said…
hope it is a good time even if you are feeling somewhat unsure of it! love the picture! and looks like a good book!
Emily H. said…
Thanks Elizabeth. :) The book club is meeting at a coffee shop so it can't be all bad. I'm really enjoying the book that we're reading. It's just talking about it with a bunch of people part that makes the introvert side of me squeamish.

Popular Posts