Evlogearia for the Dead, Tone 5
Blessed are You O Lord Teach me Your statues.
The choir of the saints has found the fountain of life and the door of Paradise. May I also find the way through repentance. I am the sheep that was lost. Call me up to You, O Savior, and save me.
Blessed are You, O Lord, teach me Your statues.
You who did fashion me of old out of nothingness and with Your image divine did honor me but because of transgressions of Your commandments did return me again to the earth from whence I was taken. Lead me back to be refashioned into that ancient beauty of Your likeness.
Blessed are You, O Lord, teach me Your statues.
I am the image of Your unutterable glory. Though I bear the scars of my stumblings have compassion upon me the work of your hands, O Sovereign Lord, and cleanse me through Your loving kindness and the homeland of my heart's desire bestow on me by making me a citizen of Paradise.
Blessed are You, O Lord, teach me Your statues.
Give rest, O God, to the souls of your servants and appoint for them a place in Paradise where the choirs of the saints, O Lord, and the just will shine forth like stars. To your servants that are sleeping now give rest overlooking all their offenses.
Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
The Triune radiance of the one Godhead with reverent songs acclaiming, let us cry Holy are You, O Eternal Father and Son also eternal and Spirit divine. Shine with your light on us who in faith adore You and from the eternal fire rescue us.
Now and ever and unto ages of ages.
Hail O Gracious Lady who in the flesh bares God for salvation of all and through whom the human race has found salvation, through you may we find Paradise Theotokos our Lady pure and blessed.
Alleluia Alleluia Alleluia Glory to You our God.
Alleluia Alleluia Alleluia Glory to You our God.
Alleluia Alleluia Alleluia Glory to You our God.
If I could have a soundtrack running continuously in the background of life I would have to choose Hymns of Paradise. I think I would be much calmer, peaceful, repentant, patient, hopeful, assured... Alas. You can listen to the first part of the Evlogearia for the Dead sung by Fr. Apostolos Hill on the c.d. Hymns of Paradise: Hymns of Life and Hope here, via Liturgica.com


Comments