Talk with God Everywhere
You have to talk with God everywhere you are. Walking on the street,
driving the car, you can say “Lord You are in the front seat, I know
that You are here tell me something. Why did You create me?” You have a
lot of things, an infinite number of things to converse with God and God
wants you to talk with Him because prayer is not as much as you read in
the book or how long you are kneeling, prayer is the whole life. When
you eat, when you drink, when you drive the car, when you discipline
your children: You are in a state of prayer. Life is a liturgy. It is
not only in church that liturgy takes place, the liturgy is outside the
church building too. The whole life should be a liturgy- if you have the
feeling of the existence of God. But you have to get that feeling of
the existence of God… how? I always say, especially to young people,
have a dialogue, a permanent dialogue with God. Sure you are busy: you
eat, you prepare your exam if you are a student, you work and you are
very busy but always say: “Lord I know You are here I didn’t forget You.
Look at me and do not abandon me.” See many times this permanent
dialogue with God becomes a prayer because prayer is a communication
between man and God.
Prayer is not just a short time and you say “I finished my prayer” and that’s it; you never finish your prayer. The definition of prayer is this: the feeling of the presence of God in you. And if you have this feeling of the presence of God you are in a continual prayer. If you pray only when you pray you don’t pray at all one of the monks said. So don’t pray only when you pray, you pray all the time because prayer is not “give me, give me.” Prayer is to say I love you and I want to spend time with you. Ask God something. And don’t worry God is answering you even if you don’t think it. He’s giving you good hints and good suggestions on how to resolve your problems. So to find God in our culture here is to be conscious that God exists first and God exists not outside of yourself but inside. And God is always with you and you can get the feeling of the existence of God.
~Jessica Precop interview with Fr. Roman Braga HT:Christ in our Midst
Photograph by Travis Dove
Prayer is not just a short time and you say “I finished my prayer” and that’s it; you never finish your prayer. The definition of prayer is this: the feeling of the presence of God in you. And if you have this feeling of the presence of God you are in a continual prayer. If you pray only when you pray you don’t pray at all one of the monks said. So don’t pray only when you pray, you pray all the time because prayer is not “give me, give me.” Prayer is to say I love you and I want to spend time with you. Ask God something. And don’t worry God is answering you even if you don’t think it. He’s giving you good hints and good suggestions on how to resolve your problems. So to find God in our culture here is to be conscious that God exists first and God exists not outside of yourself but inside. And God is always with you and you can get the feeling of the existence of God.
~Jessica Precop interview with Fr. Roman Braga HT:Christ in our Midst
Photograph by Travis Dove


Comments