Prayers for Parents
Prayer for a Busy Day with Children
Father thank you that I am a parent. I'm looking forward to this busy day that will be filled with the chatter and laughter of my children. May I catch their enthusiasm and may their interests affect my own spirit so that I will be child-like like they are, eager for the events of the day. Give me patience as it grows long and may I have a good temper with them when I can't understand them at all. May we end the day with the love that we began it with.
Amen.
Prayer for When Children Quarrel
O Gracious God, Father of us all, I ask you for help and guidance when my children quarrel. Often I wonder how these children, loved as they are, can be so unloving and unlovely. Their teasing, provoking and fighting hurt me, O Lord, and make me lose my temper as well. Grant me patience and understanding. Help me to establish within our home and family an atmosphere of harmony but help me too, to remember that my children are not adults and that trying their strength with me is part of their growing up. Keep them sane, Lord, calm and at peace. Make them quiet, give them comfort, and allow their smile to become my smile.
Amen.

Comments