Reflections on a Morning Walk

Everything is so beautiful in the morning. The morning light transforms everything into a living "sail" capable of incorporating a bit of luminescence into itself, revealing its true nature. The early morning sun highlights all the individual details of a leaf, a flower, a drop of dew - transforming an ordinary weed you wouldn't look at twice into something reflecting the divine, a mystery. 

I've found it interesting, the effect nature has on me. It's very calming, peaceful. The fog lifts up from the earth like a slow incense, the forests offer up a heady, woodsy aroma, the flowers open their faces to the East, birds sing above the ison of droning insects. It speaks to your heart, saying "Pray! Pray without ceasing!"

At the end there is the drive back home past the stores that tear into tranquil thoughts like thorns,
 "Buy me! Come and be satisfied with this!"

But if you ignore the lashes you can retain a bit of peacefulness. 
Commercialism looses its weight and power.

The light and happiness and calm remain.
And it sinks deeply into your heart.


 Queen Anne's Lace, more beautifully arrayed than kings.

 Just a weed without flowers, and even so, look how beautiful!


 Can you find the frog?


 This spider was removing a leaf from his web.

 It looked like it was going to be the whole morning's work.

 It could be a Widow Spider so I'm glad I didn't get too close! 

 Wild Phlox. Do you see the bug peeping over one of the flowers?

 A spider's breakfast.

Intricate patterns on a fallen tree.

 A garden flower near the farm trail.

 A Rosemallow faces the East.


 Pine trees silhouetted by the rising sun.

 A little bunny I surprised one morning. We stood at a truce for a long time.

 Wild Roses.

A little cocoon hanging from a pine tree. I'm not sure what made this little house but I wish I did.
If you know, please share!

Comments

Popular Posts