Deliberating Paint Colors
We're planning on painting our apartment. We have colors on the walls to try them out. I think we've settled on the top color. It's a little more vibrant which is what these old apartment walls need! We painted our choices in a couple spots around the apartment to make sure it looked good in all sorts of lighting. We painted next to our bookshelf to see if it would look nice against the darker wood.
It has been a lot of fun picking out colors with Ben! I feel pretty lucky that I have a husband that takes an interest in such things - it would be no fun if I had to make all the choices. One thing that we've noticed is that men and women really do see color differently. Case in point; the other day we were talking about moving some of the artwork around, in particular "your blue painting", he says. 'Blue painting?', say I. 'I don't have a blue painting!' Actually it ended up being the brown and grey painting, Well, the grey is more of a smokey steel blue but as he pointed out, men don't get into all the chartreuse, periwinkles, ect. If it's slightly blue, then it's just blue and that's all. Rather than being a point of contention it ended up as being rather funny and quite a bit of fun! So I'm doubly glad we're making the painting decisions together as I'm pretty sure we'll both be in agreement on the final color.
We are going to paint the dining room a green color. The first green we tried out was horrible! Dominic thought it looked like someone painted baby food on the walls and he really wasn't far from the truth! So, back to the drawing board on that...or rather, the paint swatches.
Meanwhile, painted patches on the wall and color swatches taped onto the wall here and there definitely give the place a different feel! I'm excited to get some color on the walls. I'm thankful that Mom and Dad are coming to help us out too! They're coming next week! Hopefully I'll have some gorgeous AFTER photos coming soon!

Comments
I personally like lime green, in moderation, as an accent color.