The Angel Whom God has Appointed



"You should know that there is present with you the angel whom God has appointed for each man… This angel, who is sleepless and cannot be deceived, is always present with you; he sees all things and is not hindered by darkness. You should know, too, that with him is God."

- St. Anthony of Egypt

As a defender and guardian of my life I received thee from God, O Angel, I pray thee, O holy one, free me from all danger.     

Vouchsafe my soul, humiliated by many temptations, the ineffable glory, O holy intercessor and singer with the choirs of fleshless hosts of God. Have mercy and guard me, and illumine my soul with good thoughts, that I may be enriched by thy glory, O my angel; and subdue the enemies that wish me evil, and make me worthy of the heavenly kingdom. - prayers, Canon to the Guardian Angel 

Comments

Popular Posts