Preparing for St. Nicholas!


We are going to the Vesperal Divine Liturgy for St. Nicholas tonight. So begins our celebration of  holy Saint Nicholas of Myra. Instead of making a garland for our St. Nicholas icon this year I took the easy way out. I gathered trimmings from some evergreen trees growing nearby and I even found some festive red berries to tuck into the greens. I put them together into a little glass cup and tied a white ribbon around it. Done! Hopefully with water in the glass the evergreens will not drop their needles overnight! Tomorrow morning the kids will find goodies from St. Nicholas waiting for them! I can't wait! I'm as giddy as a kid! Happy Feast of St. Nicholas to all!

Comments

elizabeth said…
blessed St. Nicholas day!!! I get excited too! :)
Michelle M. said…
I love St Nicholas Day, too. I am looking forward to (hopefully!) making St NIcholas bread with the children tomorrow after school.
Emily H. said…
Thanks Elizabeth!

Michelle, I hope you post some pictures of the St. Nicholas bread. I'm not familiar with it but it sounds neat! Enjoy your children!

Popular Posts