Building A Habit of Prayer

Building A Habit of Prayer - that is the little prayer book pamplet that is put out by Conciliar Press and if your church is like ours there are all different ones for the taking in the narthex of the church. Evelyn took hers home and she told me that she prays in her room before bed. This is already after we have read our evening prayers together in front of our icon corner.

I was cleaning her room for our house blessing when I came across her booklet. I loved the picture she drew and I wanted to scan it into the computer. I took it downstairs, put it in the scanner, and promptly forgot and then was too busy to scan it and return it to her room. It stayed there all night. The next morning I scanned it and showed it to her. "Hey, where did you find it?!", she asked. Only one night and she noticed it was missing!

So here is her picture of our church, St. John Chrysostom Orthodox Church, with an angel and cross above. St. John Chrysostom is looking down from the right.

It's a wonderful picture don't you think? I think so! :)

Comments

Michelle M. said…
That is beautiful! I love seeing things like that. My three year old drew the Ladder of Divine Ascent a few months ago. I was seriously impressed! Then he drew a picture of our priest (who he always confuses with Jesus!) next to a church :)
Emily H. said…
Michelle, how cute! I just love kid's drawings! They have so much insight in their innocence!
elizabeth said…
How lovely! and how wise of her to realize that group and individual prayers are needed! Glory to God for His mercy!
Wonderful! How wise to realize the Saint is looking after the church names after him! How cool that she knows who St. John Chrysostom IS, even!

Michelle, is there any way you could perhaps share with us your grandchild's picture?)
Michelle M. said…
Anastasia, unfortunately, for us, he gave the pictures to our priest. They might be hanging up in his office, though. I should check and take a photo. :)

Popular Posts