Chevron Takeover!
Our apartment has an inset space for our washer and dryer with shelving above. The shelving is used as pantry/laundry/appliance storage. This is what you see in the kitchen. Every. Day. It's organized to a certain (right-brained) degree but still overall looking cluttered. I finally thought that something could be done to make it look better. After spying a nice stormy grey chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby and pretty-please begging my dad to make curtains out of it (love you Dad!), my kitchen looks so much better now!!
Clutter? What clutter? Ha, ha!! The curtains are in two panels and hung on an extendable shower curtain rod with alligator rings. The curtains slide very easily, from either end, making it very easy to move them in whatever configuration I want.
There is a matching window valence to replace the old one above the sink in the kitchen. The "before" is shabby shic... a.k.a. curtains that I sewed from the bottom of an old white linen bed sheet.
So, okay, need I say more? Time for a change! And what a good one it was!
When it was all finished there was enough fabric to make a pillow cover for and old pillow! Now I just need to sew another cover for the other pillow so it all matches!
I am love, love, loving the chevron pattern!





Comments
I've really been wanting to spruce up our kitchen with new curtains. I just need to find the fabric :)
(FYI, your second sentence says "panty" instead of "pantry"- I'm pretty sure you don't store your unmentionables there- haha).
That aside...
If you have a Hobby Lobby near you they have some great fabric patterns!