Day Project - Paint an Old Frame


Start with one old stained-wood frame... This was in the bathroom and may well have been invisible because it was just another bit of neutral wood tone in an apartment bathroom with dark wood cupboards. I sanded it enough for the paint to stick, just a quick rough up.

I painted it with some acrylic with quiet a bit of impasto (what makes the paint thick so that you see the brush strokes). I didn't worry about making a nice even coat since the paint wouldn't cooperate with that even if you tried til you were blue in the face. But I like it. It gives it a nice worn patina. It's much more noticeable now and really brightens up the space. Yay! I'm happy. New frame, zero dollars spent. Which I have to say, the new frame fits nicely with my Goodwill find of an Arthur Singer print of mockingbirds that someone had removed from an old book. So this is how it turned out...

 Pretty gloss and the thick paint makes it look like it has a history of several coats of repainting.
I just love this color!

Ta-da! Lovely!

Comments

Michelle M. said…
I LOVE this!! I just painted a bunch of frames and other items nearly the same color. :)
Emily H. said…
Michelle, I saw that on your blog (yours look fantastic,btw) after I had already painted my frame! We must have great minds, right?!
Pres. Eleni said…
Love, Love, Love the Color and the picture.
Great idea!

Popular Posts