'Ello again. I've been busy (and alternately lazy) and haven't posted in a bit. Meatfare and Cheesefare have come and gone already. We had enough meat during Meatfare that I'm glad to see it go until Pascha,
or so I say right now... One of the days during Cheesefare we had invited friends from church to have dinner with us. I took a risk by trying a recipe I hadn't made before, Spaghetti al Limone. It turned out really well, very tasty. I made it with fresh Meyer lemons! I love the color! Aren't they so pretty?
 |
| Yellow (lemons) |
Saturday I helped the ladies at church make baklava. The ladies make baklava for Easter. That Saturday I think 16 or so large baking trays of baklava were made. I'm getting better at painting butter on layers of philo, maybe.
On St. Patrick's Day the kids planted clover seeds. By the next day they were already starting to sprout! I had to put glasses upside down over the little pots so that they wouldn't dry out. The glasses fit nice and snug, making it into an impromptu terrarium. Brave little sprouts, they don't realize that Spring is dragging her feet.
 |
| Green (Clover) |
Dominic had entered the Science Fair with a "Floating Magnet" experiment. He won a Blue Ribbon! We are so proud of him! He finally got to bring his experiment home from school. So Mommy,
who forgot to bring the camera to the Awards Ceremony!, finally could get a picture of him with his display and blue ribbon.
 |
| Blue (ribbon) |
And now we're all caught up again!
Comments
Spaghetti al Limone from America's Test Kitchen. Their recipes are pretty good and this particular one wasn't that complicated to make!