Baby Mantis

Well, they're finally here! All through the long winter I could look out the kitchen window and see the praying mantis egg case and wonder if those little babies would make it through the winter. Now they've hatched out and my flowerbeds are filled with a sprinkling of shy, quick baby praying mantis. It makes me so happy to see them! I like to think my backyard has gotten the Mantis Seal of Approval!

Comments

Steve Finnell said…
you are invited to follow my blog
Anonymous said…
Neat photo. We're getting those little guys too. I also wonder how these things survive the winter. It seems after a warm day or two, there they are, very much alive.
Sasha said…
It's nice to have someone always praying near you. ;)
Pres. Eleni said…
Beautiful! Now how many do you end up seeing about the garden later in the summer? Do you lose the birds?
elizabeth said…
how nice :) great photo of it...
Emily H. said…
Sasha, that's right!

Presvytera Eleni, I only had two (that I noticed) in my garden last year. Even though I also had a hummingbird feeder near the flowers I never lost any birds!

Popular Posts