Happy New Year!


 We had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration! This year we finally got to do the St. Basil cake tradition (although I didn't bake the cake myself... next year, baby steps). For the coin we used a foil-covered chocolate coin. The kids were very excited about doing it which made it even more fun. It was very nice to begin the new year with all of us together in prayer.

Along with our St. Basil cake, we also had some cupcakes that I made. We had our traditional drinks too - colored 7 Up with a maraschino cherry and a pretty red-striped paper straw!

So who got the coin from the St. Basil cake?
One very happy girl!

This was the first year that the kids stayed up to watch the ball drop! They slept in a long time the next morning!

May God bless us all in this New Year!

Comments

elizabeth said…
may God bless you all in 2014!! lovely to hear from you!!!
Michelle M. said…
Happy New Year! The cake and cupcakes look delicious. Once again, I had every intention of actually baking a cake and I failed. Our baby was just too fussy to allow me to bake and i was too exhausted to find the time. :) Next year!
MA F said…
What a great expression your dd has!

A happy and healthy New Year to you!

Popular Posts