Pascha Eggs, for the First Time!

Red is the traditional color for Easter eggs as it symbolizes the blood of Christ. I have been wanting to make my own red eggs for a while but haven't had the time to do it yet. This was finally the year to do it! I found a wonderful blog post from Williams Family Adventure that was an excellent tutorial.

I boiled the dry skins from two bags of yellow onions, six cups of water, and six tablespoons of vinegar and this is how red the dye turned!

After seeing some eggs dyed with leaves on Pinterest I was game to try it myself. I didn't really find any instructions on how to do this part so I figured out my own way to do it. I had some old nylons that I cut into rectangles. After positioning the leaves and stretching the nylon over the eggs I just tied the two ends of the nylon in a knot. Next time I think I'll try to make sure that they get tied a little tighter over the stems to make a clearer impression.

Here are the raw eggs going into the dye to cook.

The finished eggs came out really pretty! They are shined up with oil



Comments

elizabeth said…
very pretty!!! :)

Popular Posts