Beauty All Around
Well, today I'll just share a few meandering thoughts.
I did not realize that Dusty Miller (those silvery-white leaves) can knock your socks off in a flower arrangement! The color of the roses that I got on Mother's Day reminded me of peaches and it made me think that Dusty Miller might look good with them since they reminded me of the silvery fuzz on peaches. I think they look beautiful together! So, I had to take a picture of them along with their inspiration (mmm, peaches!) and my pretty new dish towel (somehow also in similar colors...).
On another note, I think I am on friendly terms with my blog. Finally. I think that this blog has a new purpose, one that has been unfolding for some time actually, and that is simply to be Orthodox and live life as it comes along. After I first converted I felt that perhaps every post should specifically be about Orthodoxy and Orthodox theology and oh, the internal guilt if I posted something unrelated! But no more guilt - that was a dinosaur left over from old Lutheran blogging conventions. (Hmm, perhaps it was a bit of new-convertitis too.)
Instead I am hoping my blog has become more like all the Orthodox blogs that I so admire. The people behind these blogs write about working out family life, mothering, gardening, schooling, and all manner of things with such gratefulness and peace from within the beautiful context of the Orthodox Church such that even their posts on packing boxes or pulling weeds are transformed into something with a breath of newness and life. So thank you to all of you who write Orthodox blogs! You have babied me through an awkward phase and been a shining example to follow!

Comments
Glad you are here in this space! :)