Orthodox Church Dome Gingerbreads


I made these today as thank-you gifts for some people that helped us move out of our apartment. We're planning on going to St. John Chrysostom this Sunday so we can give them to those who helped. It will also be nice to visit with our friends and be with our "Orthodox family" again.


This was the first time I've done hand-cut cookies. I think they turned out pretty consistently which was nice. Still, it would be wonderful if there was an actual cookie-cutter in an Orthodox onion dome shape. The icing was a lot of work mixing up different colors but I think it paid off. They look very cheery!!


Comments

Matushka Anna said…
These are awesome! Pinned it!
Ligia said…
They look wonderful!
Emily H. said…
Thanks, both of you!
Michelle M. said…
You need to sell these! You did such a beautiful job. Wouldn't they make great Christmas or Pascha gifts?
Lovely! I've seen people use pliers to reshape metal cookie cutters to make the shape they want. Maybe you could do that to make your own onion some cookie cutter?
elizabeth said…
where did you get the cookie cutter? :)

those look so cute!!!

have a nice 'family reunion'! Transitions like this (moving) take a long time...

God bless and keep you!
GretchenJoanna said…
So pretty and nicely done - I would make these look very messy, I'm sure. Did you use royal icing?

Popular Posts