A Home for the Holidays!
Hello everyone! We bought our first home! The closing on it was this Wednesday. We are moving our things into the house on Sunday. We didn't expect that we would be able to get a moving truck so soon but we ended up getting one reserved for Saturday. A present from St. Nicholas maybe? So tomorrow we are going to be loading the truck here and then on Sunday morning we are going to drive it up to our new place. We've had family already volunteer to help us unload the truck. I so appreciate all the help that we've been given along the way!
Right now Ben is staying at the house. The plan for me and the kids is that we stay here until Christmas vacation starts on the 19th and then we'll move up there and all of us will be together for Christmas in our new home!!! I'm hoping that makes for a smooth transition between schools for the kids. However until then Ben has some time to paint the rooms and get the carpets cleaned (I guess they are pretty dirty - the previous owners had pets). I find it very charming that he's getting the house ready for the rest of us to move in! Especially because I know how much he loves to paint, which is not at all. ;)
This week I've been busy packing boxes yet again. We're leaving behind only the things that will get the kids and I through the next two weeks - clothes, some toys, ect.
I'll have more pictures for you later. When I got to visit the house I only took pictures of the inside! Oops! This picture is from the inspector's report and it's not the best quality. But it does show you the lovely fall tree in the front yard and the nice brick detail on the front of the home.
So tomorrow...
It's the feast of St. Nicholas.
The kids are already looking forward to seeing what he will bring them.
Holy father, St. Nicholas bless our moving day!
Right now Ben is staying at the house. The plan for me and the kids is that we stay here until Christmas vacation starts on the 19th and then we'll move up there and all of us will be together for Christmas in our new home!!! I'm hoping that makes for a smooth transition between schools for the kids. However until then Ben has some time to paint the rooms and get the carpets cleaned (I guess they are pretty dirty - the previous owners had pets). I find it very charming that he's getting the house ready for the rest of us to move in! Especially because I know how much he loves to paint, which is not at all. ;)
This week I've been busy packing boxes yet again. We're leaving behind only the things that will get the kids and I through the next two weeks - clothes, some toys, ect.
I'll have more pictures for you later. When I got to visit the house I only took pictures of the inside! Oops! This picture is from the inspector's report and it's not the best quality. But it does show you the lovely fall tree in the front yard and the nice brick detail on the front of the home.
So tomorrow...
It's the feast of St. Nicholas.
The kids are already looking forward to seeing what he will bring them.
Holy father, St. Nicholas bless our moving day!


Comments