Lenten Meal Planning
I'm finally getting on the Lenten Meal Planning train after how many years of being Orthodox...? Already I feel much better about heading into Lent with a "battle plan". I have three weeks of different meals planned out, consisting of new and old recipes. I've gathered the new recipes on Pinterest so I can find them easily. Pinterest, by the way, is a great place to find vegan recipes.
Instead of printing a nice, new calendar I just used the calendar that St. James gave to us. It's rather nice to have the church schedule combined our plans for the week, everything is in one place. I have meal ideas written down through March 14 and after that I'll recycle those for the remaining four weeks of Lent. For each week I'm making a shopping list for all the main ingredients. That will make it rather easy to go shopping without having to sit down and make a list at the last minute, of which I am very prone to not do.
You can get through Lent without a meal plan but it's rather like slogging through it and I found that we ended up eating much of the same things over and over. Gets old fast. With a bit of organization and work in the beginning, I'm hoping things will be much simpler this season.
As we head into Forgiveness Sunday I beg you all to forgive me a sinner and pray for me!
A blessed Lent to all of you!

Comments