Home Makeover, the Boy's Room



We finally have Dominic's room finished with the small exception of installing the new cold air return cover and a new doorstop. As you can see his room started out as a lavender with a dark purple carpet. It was okay but not for a boy's room. Dominic wanted a nice army green color. We were a little skeptical but I think the color looks great. I think it's more of a garden green but don't tell him that!


 Since we were already painting the walls we decided to paint our own hidden message on the walls! Dominic also wrote the name of one of his favorite characters on the wall. He had a blast painting!


It was a challenge to get his room painted because we had already moved in and everything you see in the room got shoved all together to one side while I painted the opposite side. Then it had to be moved again so I could paint the other walls. However the good thing about that was moving everything around helped us figure out how to arrange his room in the best way possible.


The carpet is still purple. That's one of those things that is on the "eventually" list. For now it doesn't look too bad and it almost goes with the green on the walls.


One of the things I LOVE about our house is how much light comes in the windows. Dominic keeps his cactus and some favorite rocks on the windowsill.


We put his toy cubby by the closet since it has a slimmer profile and left more floor space. We tucked his dresser in the closet so all the clothes are in one place, out of sight.


This is the arrangement we came up with for his icons. The Kursk icon is a paper one that was blessed on the real icon. He put it up himself!


Finally, on top of his cubby is the bookshelf that he and I made out of pallet wood scraps. He's using it to hold his prayerbooks.

We think it's a big improvement and it suits him very well. He's always wanted to have his own room in our own home so that he could choose the color to paint his room. He's happy with his room! I'm happy with how it turned out and happy to have it finally finished! On to the next project! Well, maybe after a little break...

Comments

elizabeth said…
that's very nice! great colour and I like the icons and little shelf for his prayer books; very lovely, clean and austere in a comforting way!

Popular Posts