Celebrating A Birthday


June is a pretty busy month for our family. The kids' last day of school was the same day as Ben's birthday so it was exciting for lots of reasons! I had fun decorating and making a cake for his birthday. I went with a 'natural' theme and he really liked it!  


I wrapped up his present in a black graphic printed brown paper
and tied it up with twine and a sprig of greenery.


The flowers on the table were a large, fragrant peony 
and a mini-vase of clover flowers and ferns. I used a strip of burlap as a table runner.


We had a bottle of sparkling lemonade and some pretty paper straws too!


I put out these candy raspberries that are Mr. Husband's favorites in a chocolate brown ceramic dish. Luckily there were still some left after the kids found them irresistible to nibble on after they got home from their half-day of school.


It looked really pretty for a birthday party!


A birthday card from the kids, decorated by Evelyn.


Ben wanted a spice cake for his birthday this year. It had cream cheese frosting and I added a homemade caramel drizzle and sprinkled the edges with cinnamon and sugar.


It turned out really well and it tasted great too! Rather than use a fancy cake plate I put the cake on a wooden cutting board (which we keep more for decoration since it was made by my uncle), in keeping with the 'natural' theme.


May God grant him many, many more years!


What to do with all that left-over caramel sauce? It makes for a lovely caramel latte!!

Comments

elizabeth said…
how lovely!!! many years!!! lovely display!!!

Popular Posts