Simplicity



"The Lord abides in simple hearts. Gold is everywhere and everywhere it shines through, no matter from what angle; but something else, not matter how much you work with it, it still is not gold."

"Everything simple is closer to God, but the wise and exalted separate us from God."

"Let us live more simply and God will have mercy on us."

- St. Ambrose


I finally used up some gifted Amazon credit and bought a book called Living Without Hypocrisy, Spiritual Counsels of the Holy Elders of Optina. It is a very good book with quotes from the various elders being divided up into topics for easy reference. Although I have previously read a few things on the Elders of Optina I have only come across a few quotes that I have already read other places. The vast majority of quotes are completely new to me which I was pleased to discover. If you are looking for a new book to read I highly recommend it!

Comments

Michelle M. said…
That sounds great! I'll have to add it to my wishlist. St Ambrose is our 4th born's patron- we thought we were losing him at the beginning of my pregnancy, and my husband prayed at the grave of St Ambrose for our little one. Now he is four years old! We hold a special place in our hearts for St Ambrose.
Emily H. said…
Michelle, how special! May St. Ambrose ever intercede for your own Ambrose!

Popular Posts