Thankful
I am so thankful for so many things this year. We are settled into our new home, our first home. We've had a lot of our "firsts" in our new place. We had our first Thanksgiving in our new home with just the four of us. It was a really quaint, relaxed, and pleasant Thanksgiving! The kids only had three days off for vacation and it felt like an entire winter break. Right before Thanksgiving we got 11 inches of snow!! It melted within the next few days and was gone as quick as it came. On (Black) Friday we stayed home and put up the Christmas tree and reminisced over all the decorations. Sunday was another special treat for us because Evelyn's godfather, Fr. Gregory, and his wife came out to St. James and Father served the Liturgy for us. Our priest is still recovering from some health issues and hasn't been able to serve recently. Keep Fr. Richard in your prayers for a return to health!
As much as I enjoy being a homebody sometimes, and I really, really have enjoyed it this past holiday weekend, we also had another dear reason to not go gallivanting across state lines and such.
Okay, so it was actually a *deer* reason... I hit a deer with our car one evening as I was going to the store to pick up some extra things for Dominic's birthday. It was a scary experience - and the first time I've ever hit anything with a car. (Another first... and hopefully an "only" too.) I'm okay and the car will be okay. It goes into the shop tomorrow - it was postponed due to the holiday weekend. As odd as it sounds I'm even thankful for this whole happening. I'm thankful for a gentle and caring husband who let me cry on his shoulder, thankful for supportive family, and thankful for every good and perfect thing that God gives...
...including deer.

Comments
happy for the other firsts and hope that you have a safe and blessed Nativity Season!