Rich in Virtues


“Your children will always be sufficiently wealthy if they receive from you a good upbringing that is able to order their moral life and behavior. Thus, strive not to make them rich, but rather to make them pious masters of their passions, rich in virtues. Teach them not to think up illusory needs, reckoning their worth according to worldly standards. Attentively watch their deeds, their acquaintances and their attachments—and do not expect any mercy from God if you do not fulfill this duty.”  +Saint John Chrysostom

Comments

MA F said…
The quote by St. John is lovely and such an important reminder but I keep coming back this week to the peaceful expressions in the painting. Do you know who it is by Emily? I needed a little bit of that peace this week thank you for posting it!
Emily H. said…
I don't know who it is by... I took a picture of it when we were visiting an art museum because I liked it so much. If we visit again this summer I could find out.

Popular Posts