Busy Autumn


We have been busy this Fall! Oh, the Fall leaves! I have been raking and raking... With a toddler there is only so much that can be raked up at one time. Raking is interspersed with running through leaves, flopping in big piles of leaves, poking about with sticks and all the fun only a toddler can discover.
 




We went to the Renaissance Festival this year too. I sewed costumes for all three kids. It was a huge undertaking but I learned a lot about sewing in the process. They were all happy with their costumes and they doubled as their Halloween costumes this year - two for one!








We carved jack-o-lanterns. Leo thoroughly enjoyed the whole process!






We went to a nature preserve and enjoyed the Autumn colors on the trees.










We picked pumpkins and pet farm animals at our favorite family farm!









More leaves...




Evelyn won 4th place in a writing contest and got her story published in a book!



Leo loves his costume. He likes to wear it all day if he could!







Somehow I found time to paint a small icon on a stone as a gift for someone.



Leo has grown so much, learned so much, discovered how high he can climb...


Evelyn turned seventeen! She had a very fun birthday party!



More climbing...





Leo turned one and a half!



We went trick-or-treating despite the rain and *snow*!



Leo is learning how to hide...


and how to help Mama with the dishes.


Ben was away a few days for the Clergy Retreat in Ohio. St. James has some new catechumens. It is exciting to have them among us!


Comments

GretchenJoanna said…
Congratulations on and to the catechumens!

These photos are great. Leo is charming in his costume - reminds me of when my older son liked to live the whole day in whatever most recent costume I had made him, American Indian or Scottish kilt...

And that CAKE! A work of art.

Popular Posts