Axios, ProtoDeacon!












Deacon Demetrius was recently elevated to protodeacon. It was a very nice time with Bishop Anthony and the other clergy who came for the event. I got to bake the Bishop's bread that is presented to welcome him to the parish. It was my first time making it. I used M's recipe and Bishop Anthony said I did her proud and that it was very good. :) We are still social distancing so the kids and I got to watch and get a few pictures from up in the cry room. Leo did very well during the service and even managed to fall asleep during the sermon that Bishop Anthony gave. Leo never falls asleep in church anymore as he's grown so much. When he was much littler and I couldn't get him to fall asleep at night and I had tried every trick in the book I would put on Bishop Anthony's YouTube sermons. His peaceful and steady voice sent Leo to La-la-Land every time. It seems the bishop's voice still has that power!

Our parish was glad to see Protodeacon Demetrius thus honored. He has worked diligent and long hours to serve the parish, especially in the absence of Father Richard, memory eternal, and filling in the gaps of having an interim priest. May he continue to serve our Lord Jesus Christ here in our midst!
 

Comments

Popular Posts