Carved Wood Bread Seal



I'm really impressed with our new carved wood bread seal. I've only used a plastic one before and in terms of usability the two are much the same. What really amazed me with this seal was that the relief in the seal is deep enough to make a *very good* imprint. It made a deep imprint in the raw bread dough and it held up well when baked. Sometimes a shallower imprint flattens when baked (just my experience) but that didn't happen with this seal. The finished loaf looks amazing!
You can get one for yourself here if you're interested.
Not a paid endoresement, just genuinely impressed!

 









Comments

Gretchen Joanna said…
Wow - that is really a nice imprint! Our prosphora team has tried a lot of different seals, and some of the wood ones don't make a deep imprint - we thought it was because the spaces ended in a sharp point that the dough couldn't expand far enough into. But we do have a largish wooden one that works fine. I wonder if it came from the same place.

Popular Posts