New Saint Isidora Book
Life has been so busy and I haven't posted here in such a long time. We've had a lot of changes, getting through baby-hood and toddler-hood. My husband was ordained to the priesthood so that has meant some readjustment as well. My father also passed away this past Bright Week after a very long struggle against cancer. But recently I feel like I have crawled forth and basked in the light enough that maybe I'll start writing here again.
I also wanted to come back here to share with you my new book! It was written by Kh. Cindy Hogg and illustrated by myself! Some of my earliest memories of drawing include asking my mom to staple together books of white drawing paper and immersing myself in covering the pages in numerous bold Crayola marker doodles. Illustrating a children's book as always been a secretly held aspiration and one that I didn't know I would ever get to fulfill. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to do this and I learned quite a bit along the way too!
Saint Isidora's feast day is coming up on May 1st and 10th. She is the earliest known Fool for Christ. If you want to know more about this humble saint I encourage you to get a copy of the book! It is written in a very charming way and the end of the book contains the kontakion and troparion to Saint Isidora. I hope you will support the book by purchasing it directly through Exaltation Press or through Amazon.
God grant us all the peaceable heart of Saint Isidora as we prepare for Lent! Our very dear Saint Isidora, who's feast days bookmark the Pasha of our Lord on May 5th!


Comments