Milk Glass

I stopped at Goodwill today, looking for a shadowbox for one of the kids' rooms. They didn't have any but I found this thumbprint milk glass vase. It didn't look "antique" but it did look vintage and I liked the way the light shone through it so I bought it. Everything was half off so I got the $3 vase for $1.50! Pretty cool, right?!

At home I looked up the manufacturer, E.O. Brody. The company specialized in flower vases that were sold to florists. This vase dates between 1958 and 1971. You can buy the same kind online, anywhere from $10 to $16 (as seen in the picture on Etsy). So I think that qualifies as a good buy!!

Also, I looked up the Arthur Singer print that I showed in another post. I think I paid no more than $7 for it with the frame. You can't buy it online cheaper than $35 to $45, framed. Another good buy!

Have you found any super neat vintage buys? I'd love to hear about it!

Comments

Michelle M. said…
Good for you! I always love a deal :)

Popular Posts